TERRAFOAM RIDGID INSULATION TYPE 2 2'X8'X3"
BEAVER PLASTICS LTD.
Vendor Part # T2283
Beaver Plastics TERRAFOAM is inert closed cell expanded polystyrene (E.P.S.) insulation, with excellent resistance to freeze/thaw, zero capillarity and low moisture absorption. It is manufactured in a wide range of densities in order to meet specific application requirements. TERRAFOAM will never rot, support mold or mildew and insulating properties do not degrade over time. Itâ€™s manufacturing process permits exceptionally cost-effective client-designed fabrications.
Terrafoam is a breathable insulation product, permitting the transmission of water vapour. It can, therefore, be used as an external insulation for renovation and/or new construction without the potential for creating an exterior vapour barrier that would trap moisture in the wall cavity, causing serious building deterioration.
Features and Benefits
- TERRAFOAM meeting CAN/ULC S 701 Type 2 – 110 kPa (16 psi) Compressive strength
- The thermal resistance of TERRAFOAM is permanent! R-Value drift will occur with some insulation products because the insulating blowing gases (HCFCs) will eventually escape. Since EPS contains ordinary air, R-Value will remain the same, indefinitely.
- TERRAFOAM is also more effective at lower temperatures. The R-Value increases as temperatures decrease. Check out the brochure for additional data.
- Resistant to freeze-thaw cycle.
- Zero capillarity and low moisture absorption properties
- Breathable, allowing transmission of water vapour.
- Contains no CFC's, HCFC's or other refrigerant gases.
- EPS is biologically inert and will not support mould, mildew or fungus growth.
- Contains a chemical additive to inhibit accidental ignition from a small fire source.
- Non-toxic, and hypo-allergenic.
- Buoyancy factor: 60lb/cu ft.
- Perimeter insulation for grade beams and foundation walls.
- Under concrete slabs
- Above-grade cladding under stucco and siding.
- Masonry Cavity Walls
- Roofs, in flat and tapered slope-to-drain.
- Floatation applications.
- Coolers, Freezers, and ice arenas.
- Hot Tub Covers
- Packaging, shock and damage protection, container linings
- Client’s proprietary fabrications
Expanded polystyrene should not be exposed to volatile hydrocarbons, such as fuels oils, gasoline, and some alcohols. Anhydrous acids, such as sulfuric, glacial and formic acid may also attack expanded polystyrene.
Health and the Environment
TERRAFOAM is one of the few foam plastic insulations available that contains absolutely no CFCs, HCFCs, or other refrigerant gases. It is non-toxic and hypo-allergenic, and will not irritate sensitive skin on exposure.
TERRAFOAM contains a chemical additive to inhibit accidental ignition from a small fire source. This additive, however, will not prevent burning when the material is exposed to a large continuous fire source or intense heat. Observe normal fire precautions and good housekeeping methods during application. Cover insulation with a finish acceptable to local building codes.