Vendor Part # 7051040
This is one part of a 2 part system; Premium Rapid-Setting Flexible Mortar System. Granirapid is the next generation of high performance, flexible mortar systems. It is the industry's first and only fast curing system geared for fast track projects and uses MAPEIs unique HCT technology.
Features and Benefits
- Granirapid can be specified for the same demanding applications as Keralastic; however, Granirapid will cure considerably faster. This means extremely low residual moisture behind the tile after 24 hours for superior drying out characteristics and extremely high, early mechanical strength.
- Unlike old generation "rapid sets" Granirapid has a much better open and adjustability time while allowing application of grout in 3-4 hours.
- When used in conjunction with Ultracolor„grout (similar technology), the installation will allow water immersion in a revolutionary 72 hours as opposed to 28 days of traditional systems.
- Granirapid is a shrinkage crack-free technology, which allows medium-bed, high-build capability for large format tile. A definite must when time is critical.
- Granirapid (or any HCT product) does not contribute to efflorescence.
- Meets or exceeds ANSI A118.4 requirements for fast-setting mortars.
- Includes HCT Technology.
- For interior and exterior floor, wall and ceiling installations
- For rapid retiling of floors and walls that must be ready for use within a short time, such as supermarkets, factories, hospitals, airports and shopping malls
- For use as a rapid-set medium-bed mortar for setting large-size or highlugged and heavy ribbed-back ceramic tiles and stone
- For installing all types of natural stone, natural marble (except Rosso
Levanto and Negro Marquina marble; or green marble, green granite or their agglomerates), natural granite, impervious porcelain tile and all other ceramic tile. For installing white, light-colored or transclucent marble, use white Granirapid.
Granirapid Powder is sold in 50ln bags. It is available in Calgary and Red Deer stores.