Northland Construction Supplies is one of Alberta’s leading suppliers of construction materials to the concrete, ceramic tile and masonry industry. Since 1978 our business has been providing career opportunities for talented employees in our five locations across the province. And our team is growing.
Counter Sales Representative, Fort McMurray
The Counter Sales Representative is responsible for selling corporate products or services through the achievement of opportunity-based sales quotas through assigned existing and new customers. The Counter Sales Representative will reach business targets
POSITION DESCRIPTION SUMMARY:
The Counter Sales Representative is responsible for selling corporate products or services through the achievement of opportunity-based sales quotas through assigned existing and new customers. The Counter Sales Representative will reach business targets through excellent telephone sales and communications skills. This individual will also develop his or her phone-based revenue generation through the creation of sales leads, initiation of prospect calls, and establishment of ongoing rapport with existing and potential customers. Integrity, vision, and passion are essential for this role.
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES: (The following is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. It is not an exhaustive list of all expectations):
· Make outbound follow-up calls to existing customers via telephone and e-mail, cross-sell and up-sell.
· Cold-call prospects that are generated by external sources and prior NCA customers who have not purchased in 1 calendar year.
· Handle inbound, unsolicited prospect calls and convert them into sales.
· Identify decision makers within targeted leads to begin sales process.
· Penetrate all assigned accounts and develop sales from within client
· Collaborate with Sales Manager to determine necessary strategic sales approaches.
· Create and deliver qualified opportunities to Sales Rep/Manager where appropriate.
· Maintain and expand the company's database of prospects.
· Ensure follow-up by passing substantial leads to Sales Rep/Manager with calls-to-action, dates, complete profile information and other relevant sales information.
· Assist in creating RFP responses to potential clients where required.
· Where necessary, support marketing efforts such as trade shows, exhibits, and other events.
· Overcome objections of prospective customers.
· Emphasize product/service features and benefits, quote prices, discuss credit terms, and prepare sales order forms and/or reports.
· Enter new customer data and update changes to existing accounts in the corporate database.
· Investigate and troubleshoot customer service issues.
· Attend periodic sales training where applicable.
· Appropriately communicate brand identity and corporate position.
· Other duties assigned by the business
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS: (The following minimum requirements are normal guidelines and should not constrain the advancement of otherwise qualified personnel):
· Demonstrated ability to convert prospects and close deals while maintaining established sales quotas.
· Solid experience in opportunity qualification, pre-call planning, call control, account development, and time management.
· Solid experience and exposure to construction products, applications and technical databases
· Success in qualifying opportunities involving multiple key decision makers.
· Strong knowledge of retail and/or wholesale sales principles, methods, practices, and techniques.
· Strong problem identification and objection resolution skills.
· Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with customers.
· Exceptional verbal communication and presentation skills.
· Excellent listening skills.
· Strong written communication skills. Strong reading skills
· Self motivated, with high energy and an engaging level of enthusiasm.
· Able to perform basic calculations and mathematical figures.
· Ability to occasionally travel and attend sales events or exhibits.
· Ability to work individually and as part of a team.
· High level of integrity and work ethic.
· Experience with customer relationship management software.